The organ of Giggleswick School Chapel was originally a gift to the school from 'Father' Henry Willis in 1901, and is thought to be the last built during his time.
Housed in an imposing and beautiful building overlooking the tiny village of Giggleswick in North Yorkshire, the organ has undergone many changes in its time.
An article in The Organ (no.338), by Professor Ian Tracey, details the history of the organ from its 1901 beginnings, through the work carried out on it by Willis IV in 1960 and J.W.Walker in 1976
Most recently the pipe organ was rebuilt by GO-Organ Builders Ltd in 2005. Much work was carried out on returning the tonal scheme to that closer of the original, as well as electrification of the action.
⇧ Click images to view full size ⇧